Friday, June 17, 2011

vacation! whoo!

i have 4 hours and 50 minutes before my vacation starts. yes, i'm counting down. yes, i've been counting down for weeks.



we meet up with the in-laws at 8am tomorrow to hit the road. we'll be making our way to broken bow, oklahoma for a weekend of camping (read as staying in a lavish cabin), fishing (read as me reading while other people fish), and hopefully running some trails. and then probably dying from heat exhaustion or bear attack.



i'm pumped to get out of here, though. i'm really looking forward to a weekend of nothing. sitting around reading, running, knitting, and cooking. all of my favorite things and in a pretty place. my main goal is to not kill my father-in-law (he tends to yell out answers when he's not playing trivia games and it makes me crazy).



my other goal is to not cry all weekend when we leave the puppies. i'm pathetic, i know. they're pretty excited that their grampy and grammy texas are coming to see them, so that'll help me out. my half sister's kids live in new hampshire and call my parents grammy and grampy texas (to not confuse them with the rest of their grandparents), so the puppies have decided to just go with the same name to make it easy. and gandalf's just in love with my dad, so he'll lose it when he walks in. it warms my heart.


when we get back we'll be ready for a week of nothing before our anniversary on friday. this will be five years of marriage (and 11 total). it's gone by so so fast and has been a ton of fun. we have had a fantastic marriage and can't wait to see what happens next. this is the part where normally a picture would be posted, but we hated our wedding photos so much we still haven't bought a single one. so here's some of us that are a little more us than our wedding photos would have been....






happy anniversary, dude! i love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment